Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Inspiring GUIDANCES

On the early stage of my learning in art, my style was built upon sophistication and complex details.
I was only a fan of classic painters and Japanese typical anime artists.

I was particularily fond of paintings that illustrate still images and human bodies. Van Gogh, Monet, Edgar Degas were my most favorite painters at that time.



Ninagawa Mika & Naoki Ishizaka
Japanese Photographers are really influential figures in my early artworks. Their style, spacial creativity, the use of color schemes are the foundations of my artifacts.

Ninagawa Mika


Naoki Ishizaka


Besides, there also have been times I was particularly fond of manga and anime. The most renowned artists such as Clamp, Hayao Miyazaki(The artist of the movie "Spirited Away"), etc. Their style and artworks have great influences on the early stage of my art evolution.

Clamp

Hayao Miyazaki

Among all Japanese artist, Hayao Miyazaki is my most favorite. His

On the later stage of my art, my style began to change from sophistication to simplicity and conceptual.

As the journey progresses, I found myself indulging more in modern art and contemporary graphic designs. Gradually, not only do I work on Japanese manga work, but also conceptual graphic presentations that are inspired by western artists like Mark Turner, Blackbeltjones, Peter Callesen ,FRAPBOIS , Marcel Duchamp, etc.

FRAPBOIS


Peter Callesen


Here is a quick glimpse on the type of art I mentioned about my later stage of art -the sophistication of simplicity.

---by Peter Callesen.


*thanks to Ndenegosia from Youtube.com

No comments: