Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Biography

I ain't no significant person...but I love what I am doing, and I want to continue doing it!

1991 3 years old............

Yes, this sounds a bit too young. But my mom has kept records of my masterpieces. She recalled I drew a full body of a bride after coming back home from a wedding.
This is the first complete figure I drew.


1900s Kindergarten -> elementary school
To be frank...I could not stop drawing! When I went to elementary school, I began to draw out of my classroom. I drew pictures for competitions and decorated my school with my paintings.

2000s Middle school->High school
I began to explore different medias of art. In my high school years, visual art was one of the major course I took in Hong Kong. In the advanced art classes, I came across different medias such as computer graphics, calligraphy, mixed media, different types of painting, sculpture, ceramics, you name it!

Summer 2005 @ Singapore
After taking the HKCEE public exam, I went to Singapore and pursued an internship as a marketing assistant in the De Hygienique company. I was fortunate enough to have a chance to fully utilize my art skills in producing a real product by myself. I was part of the project of renewing the company's official website and logo design. The graphics, the layouts of the official website were done by me when I was seventeen. It was the biggest job I've ever done in my life.


Summer 2006 @Hong Kong I attended design courses organized by Hong Kong's top-notch
design department in Hong Kong Polytechnic University.

Fall 2007 @ Foothill College
I pursued for a part-time job at the Design Center of Foothill College.
This further intrigued my creativity and broadened my horizons to more styles of art.
I was able to find recognition and common grounds from my clients and colleagues.
This is the prime time I finally self-actualized my potentials in art.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

It sounds that you really have that potential on drawing, I think that you should not give up this talent. For sure that everyone has different talent but it is not easy for us to find it out. Just cherish it..=)

Elfina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi there,

It seems to me that you love and enjoy what you are doing very much. You have cherished the chances that has came to your life to expose you the world of art.
No matter what difficulties that challenge you, take the advantage and learn from them. You are smart, dedicated and perseverances! Good job! I am looking forward to your new designs!